Vineyard Sound Blog
July 2, 2012
When asked the following questions about his time on Martha’s Vineyard and his experiences in the Vineyard Sound, Ethan Tischler responded:
1) What is your favorite part about singing in the Vineyard Sound for a whole summer?
- The people first off, followed by the feeling of making a living off of doing something I love. It’s been so wonderful getting to know all the great (and ridiculous) guys I’m living with this summer and being able to support ourselves by bringing music to the people on the island.
2) What has been your favorite place to visit on Martha’s Vineyard?
- Ice House Pond in West Tisbury- no doubt. It’s such a gorgeous spot to find a bit of peace and quiet, and it’s lovely to go swimming without having to get rid of sand and salt!
3) Where is your favorite place to eat on the island?
- Scottish Bakehouse – again, no question. Fantastic people, location, and best of all, breakfast food. I’ve been dependent on breakfast sandwiches for many years now, and there’s no better place to get them than the Bakehouse.
4) What new habits/hobbies have you picked up or started doing more of since coming to Martha’s Vineyard?
- Exercise, shockingly. Without the time crush of work at school, I’m finally finding the time to get out running, swimming, biking, and stretching. I’d love to find some rock climbing on the island (I’m sure it’s around somewhere), but even if that doesn’t happen, I feel so lucky to experience the natural gifts the island has to offer.
5) What’s been your favorite show so far this summer?
- Performing at Camp Jabberwocky was one of my favorite musical experiences ever. For me, seeing how much the music meant to both campers and counselors reaffirmed the value of music as a life pursuit and showed me again how much it can give to people from every walk of life.